Sunday, September 25, 2011

Life goes on...

Well we finally got to move back home on labor day weekend so we've been back for about a month. I suppose it has taken just almost that whole time for everyone to really get settled and back into routine. I can't imagine what we would have done without my mom living here with 3 extra bedrooms for us to stay there for 2 months. It wouldn't have been easy to live a normal life that's for sure. We have made lots of home improvements so I'm posting some pictures here of our new digs. We pretty much got a remodel for the downstairs of our house. Some good came out of everything bad after all.
They couldn't match the brick on our house so we got stone on the back of the house. They also rebuilt our deck which isn't pictured here. We got a new kitchen table, hardwood floors and new couch/chair for the living room. And of course I've bought all kinds of extras to go along with our new digs as well.
Plenty is going on with the girls and us outside of our house debacle. So life did go on. Maya started kindergarten at the end of August and she got into a really great school. I did so much research and applied for transfers to 5 different schools and for once something worked out perfectly and she got into the best school around and her daycare can pick her up after school. So far she is loving school. Here's her 1st day of school picture :)
Katelyn is an amazing 1 year old - she's already creeping up on 16 months old. She has such a great personality and is so funny. She loves music and she loves to dance which are two things we didn't have when Maya was her age. She is just too cute. There are a few good videos out on photobucket of Katelyn since she turned 1 so you can see how big she is. Since we're so far behind you'll just have to go out to my album and see what you've missed. I'm working to upload more pictures but the videos from summer are updated.
And then of course there's this rumor about a new baby coming in 7 weeks! Holy moly! I am very slowly getting into baby mode but I've mainly been in house nesting mode since we moved back in. That's helping me out getting ready for baby in a roundabout way. I have one more decorating project I want to do and then I'll worry about washing baby stuff and unpacking. Just last week I hit that point where my ankles don't change size overnight and my wedding ring doesn't fit. It's pretty hard having a 1 year old and being 8 months pregnant at the same time. Every time I hold Katelyn Chris is bugging me to make sure she isn't sitting on the other baby. It's not a cake walk and I can tell that I'm getting more tired and uncomfortable with the passing weeks. At least I haven't gained as much weight this time! Thanks to Maya and Katelyn for that! Well I've spent many hours on this computer working on pictures and videos this weekend so I think I'm gonna go watch some football and eat some ice cream. Until next time...which may just be the new baby post!

No comments:

Post a Comment