Friday, May 22, 2009

A week flying solo

Well Chris was in Atlanta on business this week and got back today - YEA!! It was a pretty long week and definitely quiet around the house. I was feeling sick and then Maya got sick so I stayed home from work for two days, and poor peanut still has a nasty cough and congestion.

I did get lots done on my latest project around the house with my free evenings - hanging pictures on the walls and organizing/printing/scrapbooking the last 5 years of our lives in pictures (yes seriously that far back). I am wrapping up 2005 and 2006 and will soon be moving on to 2007 and 2008! How sad is it that I am just now getting Maya's baby books done? Anyways today my boss told me about this really cool website to create picture books without having to print any pictures, she says this is all they use and they love it. I might try it out to save myself the pain of printing two more years worth of pictures. www.blurb.com if you want to check it out.
Mom I curse you for the procrastination gene!! Once I start working on something I am fine, but I have to continue working on it every day until it's done. If I give myself a few days off I am done for. Hence the dollhouse incident...I finally painted the outside of the dollhouse last year, 15 years after I built it. So I took a break before starting work on the inside of the house and it still isn't done a year later. It is painted white at least and there is furniture but there isn't anything 'cute' about the inside. I have conceded to the fact that it probably never will be unless Maya decorates it someday.

And so we are looking forward to this 3 day weekend full of family fun (although it's supposed to rain!) and our trip to San Antonio next weekend to visit mom and go to Sea World. I'm sure it'll be a fun time and we'll finally get some pictures to post! Here's one from a few weeks ago on the carousel at the zoo...

1 comment:

  1. I am SO bad with pictures!! I can't even think about the piles of pictures I have done nothing with. I probably won't ever get to them. I'm so bad. Looks like ya'll are doing well. That's so good to know.

    ReplyDelete