Monday, May 4, 2009

My First Post and Some Big News!

Well we'll see how long I last at this blog thing :-) I'm going to at least give it a shot because I love all my friends that have blogs and I'm really over the whole Facebook thing for now. Ever since Maya was born Chris and I have searched for a website that we could use to store pictures and videos. While this isn't a storage place it is a great way to get the word out to our family and real friends about our life!

So first things first, we have news for everyone. We are married! We ran off and eloped on April 17th, our 5th wedding anniversary. We went to Napa Valley and stayed at a wonderful Inn and drank lots of good wine for a long weekend while Grandma Maureen came to our house and stayed with Maya. So to everyone that hasn't heard yet - surprise!!


Maya is growing like a weed and she is crazy about her mommy and daddy. She's also a huge girly girl. She currently will not wear anything but dresses/skirts and only will wear headbands in her hair because she thinks that they are 'crowns'. She is a hoot! Our next big venture is to really get on the whole potty training situation...I am tired of pull ups!

We are excited for summer - Maya will be in swim lessons again this year and we are hoping to go on a family vacation while our daycare is closed down for a week in July. And of course we're looking forward to Maya's 3rd birthday as well! She loves going to birthday parties so I'm sure this year will be really fun.

Hope I did ok for my first posting, sorry for not having a gazillion pictures but we will try to be better about taking them!

2 comments:

  1. OK? WHAT?? That's why ya'll went to Cali? Chris said it was for vacation. LIAR!! LOL Well I'm happy for ya'll!! I thought the big news was going to be you were pregnant or something, but this will do for now. HEHEHE!! I have a blog on here, too, although I haven't updated in a couple of months. It's http://celjacqt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you guys! Thats really exciting. Maya is so cute! keep me posted on how things are going. we just had Justin's 1st birthday party this past weekend. U coming to iowa this summer? katy

    ReplyDelete