Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The holidays are upon us

This time of year is definitely my favorite, I love all the decorations and parties and shopping and food and music and... ok so I love it all, I did say it was my favorite :-) I am so thankful this year for so many things. There are always things in life that we tend to focus on and complain about but when I look at the grand scheme of things I am so grateful and happy to have this life. We may not always like our jobs and we may not always feel like we have enough money or things but I also know that we are very lucky to have jobs, a home, our health and a loving family and we should not take these things for granted. We are anxiously looking ahead to our new addition next year but I am also trying to savor this time with just the 3 of us. Here's the first good picture of our newest addition - we will find out what we are having in 2 weeks so stay tuned! I'm sure I'll be in full baby mode after the new year...



We are getting into full swing for Christmas around the house. We bought new outdoor Christmas lights this year and had a bit of a 'Griswold' moment but they are now up and running after much perseverance. We already have Christmas parties starting this coming weekend and the weekends are all looking pretty full through New Years. We will have to squeeze in some time for cookie baking, shopping and napping on those weekends!


And lastly, we have princess and ballerina activities going on at our house on a daily basis. Here is a lovely picture of Maya and daddy dressed as princesses, and a super cute video of her dancing. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment